Revenue growth is a major goal for any company. It`s true that with the current economic conditions most managers are trying to move towards reducing costs as much as possible, but this does not mean they have ignored the main goal, that is encouraging sales.
The choice of an integrated ERP system can contribute significantly to improving the sales process of the company, increasing customer satisfaction and employee productivity. All this will help you increase your income and permanently develop your business.
But how can you exactly increase sales with an ERP system?
1. Choose an online application
While for most departments the main objective in using a business software is to streamline internal workflows, sales activity is one that concerns the entire organization. An effective sales process involves the coordination of all departments in order to get the right answer and a higher reaction speed, aspects that contribute to the common objective: higher income.
The online ERP system:
- Facilitates communication between people, departments and locations
- Provides access to last-minute information and related performance indicators
- Ensures the availability of real-time data about stocks, prices, customers and suppliers
2. Define and automatically apply commercial policies
A profitable sales process is about strong relations with clients. Implementation of well-established commercial policies ensures the satisfaction of your partners, and on the other hand, a better control of the cash flow in your company. The ERP system will provide:
- Complex ways of granting discounts, depending on various criteria, such as: product group, quantitative or value selling limits, customer types etc.
- The ability to establish credit limits for each client, terms of payment and the possibility to restrict sales to certain customers
- An automatic commercial policies retrieval system: automatic calculation of prices depending on discounts, updating credit limits or inserting the term of payment.
3. Manage sales divisions
With the increasing product portfolio, it becomes impossible for a salesman to focus on the whole portfolio, so he might be tempted to focus on those products that sell easily, or are having competitive advantages such as price or position in a specific market segment. In this case it becomes necessary to divide them according to certain criteria, to facilitate distribution of effort.
With the ERP system:
- You can segment the sales force into divisions, each having allocated a balanced portfolio of products. Thus, one can remove the temptation to promote only products that are easy to sell
- You can manage your commercial relationship with a partner, no matter that is held on one or more sales channels, on different ranges of products, different price lists or different payment terms
4. Implement an effective commissioning system
The motivation of the sales staff is extremely beneficial:You can choose to implement bonuses / commissions systems, designed to boost sales.
- The ERP system will help you set a clear policy of granting bonuses based on well-defined parameters, such as sales volume, distribution, volume of receipts, payment terms etc.
- Having available in ERP a complete picture about the sales activity, you can take into consideration all the aspects, such as the establishment of limits for granting discounts and penalty implementation, in case they are not respected
- You have a full report on bonuses, extracted from the ERP system, that you can make available for agents too
5. Increase field teams productivity
Direct selling is known as one of the most profitable forms of sale. Implementing a SFA solution integrated with the ERP system will help you get even more benefits from the field teams.
- Sales opportunities identified in the market can be quickly recorded in the SFA through customized questionnaires that are submitted to the head office in the shortest time so that the necessary procedures for their winning to be started
- The system allows sales manager to define different mandatory activities for each client or group of clients, that can be easily tracked afterwards, to make sure all the employees completed them
- Users have direct access from their mobile device to promotion campaigns that are in progress as well as information about new products or those on sale that they can present to clients during visits
- Includes merchandising functionalities, ensuring the correct positioning of the products on the shelves. The mobile user can quickly check if the agreed methods of products settlement, available through SFA planograms, are respected
- The SFA system is oriented toward objectives, this being an effective way to motivate employees and boost sales. Users have access to their own goals or the ones of their team, and thus know at any moment what effort must be submitted to achieve them
6. Promote your business on the web
Whether you address the B2B or B2C segment, you do consultative or transactional selling, an online portal is an effective way to increase sales. Depending on the specific of your business, you can choose to implement an online store, a B2B portal or a lead generation one. This way, you will benefit from:
- Access to latest methods of online promotions, such as: banners, newsletters etc. and a wide range of marketing tools: coupons, promotional pricing, quantitative or qualitative discounts, special pages for new products, related or gift products, 2+1 promotions etc.
- The possibility to adress new customers, the ones that prefer online shopping instead of the traditional one
- 24/7 availability, which means that you are no longer limited by the number of employees
- All customer orders arrive automatically in ERP, the offer requests from prospects in CRM, and the prices, trade policies, and information about partners, stocks are available in real time on the online portal.
7. Optimize retail sales activity
Another way to increase sales is opening your own chain stores. This way you can increase the degree of independence in selling your products. The POS system is a complete software and hardware solution with a touch screen interface. More than that:
- You benefit from multiple payment methods
- You can offer your clients complete customer loyalty programs, with micropayment and micro credit support
- It can be integrated with weighing equipment, fiscal printers and cash registers
8. Increase the degree of orders fulfillment and delivery services
When they buy products from you, the customers want to receive them in the shortest time and in best conditions. It is therefore important to ensure that the logistics chain, with everything that it implies: optimization, storage and delivery of goods is managed more fairly, so as to ensure the optimum ratio between customer satisfaction and business profitability. The SCM (Supply Chain Management) that we provide is integrated with the ERP system and helps you:
- Process customer orders faster, because they are transmitted automatically from the ERP system directly from the repository. Thus, the order gets to the warehouse shortly after it was placed and you can immediately begin preparing it
- Increase the accuracy of client orders;E een the new employees will quickly find the right goods using the WMS system, because the merchanside is labeled and can be identified by using mobile devices to scan bar codes
- You can lower delivery times, due to route optimisation with the help of fleet management functionality provided by ERP. In addition you increase the availability of cars, you are always sure that drivers and motor vehicle-related documents are valid and that the revisions were made on time.
- You synchronize sales with distribution, thanks to the stock optimization system. It proposes the amount of goods needed to cover future customer orders, which will allow you to always have available the products your customers want, while lowering the risk of excess stock, because the system correctly adjusts it.
9. Manage the sales, marketing and sales activities within the same system
With the CRM system you manage the relationships with clients, before, during and after the sale. It can be integrated with the ERP system and offers increased visibility over all interactions with clients and prospects. In addition:
- You are able to identify customers’ needs more quickly, having at your disposal a complete history of the activities carried out, the orders placed and the products they prefer
- You constantly follow your sales pipeline and you can influence the selling process to correct and adjust the activities which do not bring the expected results
- You have access to indicators related to the sale, conversion rate for potential clients or targets and get a perspective on all factors that contribute to or hinder the achievement of the sale objectives
- You manage more effectively the opportunities and you cand find out at any moment the details about the stage, the values that they have and the prospects they are associated to
- You can implement quick or more complex marketing campaigns, integrated marketing campaigns, which you can manage from the planning stage until they are released and then measure the results. Thus, you will know what activities are most profitable and which are worth to invest in the future
- You lower the number of incidents and the average response time to customer requests, which enables you to offer customers a high quality service
10. Explore in detail the results and continuously adjusts the selling process
Analyzing sales data with the advanced SeniorVisualBI reporting system allows you to take notice of what works and what needs to be adjusted within your company. The Business Intelligence system is integrated with the ERP software and can be integrated with other systems such as CRM or SFA, to give you an overview of all components of the business.
- Offers at any time complete information about the performance of sales teams, allowing you to react in time when certain indicators are not at the desired level
- Find out quickly which are most profitable sellers, what products provide you the higher revenue, in what areas you have greater success etc
- You get interactive reports regarding the activities of the marketing department, such as: promotion campaigns performance, the budget allocated to each of them, estimated revenue compared to won revenue etc
- You use the forecasting ability of the system to find out how the sales will evolve in the next period and by knowing this information you will be able to take the appropriate decisions to increase sales